The Journal of Political Theory & Philosophy (JPTP) is a student-run, peer-reviewed, open access publication. We invite academicians, practitioners, doctoral students and research scholars to contribute to the journal. Submissions must pertain to Political Theory, Philosophy, Politics and ancillary subjects (For more information on the scope of JPTP click here). All submissions will have to be accompanied by an Abstract, explaining the aims and objectives of the paper. The word limit for the Abstract is 500 words. All submissions must be unique and genuine and not plagiarised from any sources. Plagiarism of any sort will result in immediate disqualification. The title of the Paper must be appropriate. The cover page of the paper must contain the title and the details of the authors. The name of the author should be followed by footnote mark (*) for the first author and (**) for the second author. The footnotes should give educational qualifications and the institutional details of the contributor/s. The paper should be free from all grammatical and spelling errors. Co-authorship is allowed to a maximum of 2 authors.
All submissions made, must not have been previously published elsewhere. All submissions must follow the “The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Ed.)”. Non-conformity could be a ground for rejection. The body of the manuscript must be in the font “Garamond”, font size 12, line spacing 1.5. All footnotes must be in Font “Garamond”, font size 10, line spacing 1. Abstract and full paper submissions must be made in Microsoft Office (doc. /docx.) formats only. For more information on formatting guidelines, click here.
The submissions could fall under any of the following categories:
- Articles (6000 words or above, excluding footnotes)
- Essays (3500-6000 words excluding footnotes)
- Book Reviews/Notes (1500-3500 words excluding footnotes)
All papers must necessarily be accompanied with a ‘Conclusion’ putting forth the authors’ views and opinions on the subject matter. All the submissions must be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. The journal follows a two-stage review – one by the editors, and the second by the peer reviewers. Within a month of submission of papers, the authors shall be intimated if their submissions have been accepted for the second stage of review. The provisionally accepted papers shall be forwarded to the Peer Reviewers, on whose advice, the decision regarding the final publication of the papers shall be taken. Authors can expect to receive decisions on their submissions within two months of their submissions. Please note that the procedures for reviewing manuscripts are based on the anonymity of the author and the confidentiality of the editors’ and reviewers’ reports; author anonymity is preserved, as well, during the editorial decision-making process.
The Journal also accepts blog submissions which will be published on Catharsis Magazine, JPTP’s affiliated magazine. The process for the same is:
- Email the editorial team at email@example.com with a draft title and brief (1-3 line) description of your intended post. Draft posts are also welcome. A member of the editorial team will then be in contact to discuss your post and to schedule a date for publication on the website;
- Posts should be between 500-700 words in length and hyperlinks should be included to substantiate a proposition or argument.
- Submit your post in Word format 5-7 days before the scheduled posting date;
- A member of the editorial team will then review your post and will provide you with comments and suggested edits;
- Once your post is ready, we will then publish it on the website and promote the post via our social media networks.